BRIEF HISTORY OF AWEMAC
Africa Waste and Environment Management Centre (AWEMAC) is an Environmental Consultancy and Training Firm, established in 2004 as a sole proprietorship company in the republic of Kenya under the Business Names Act Cap 499 Section 14(2). In February 2013 it was incorporated into a Limited Liability Company-Reg No. CPR/2013/96106. The firm is compliant to all government statutory requirements i.e KRA NSSF and NHIF.
AWEMAC first established its roots in Kisumu, where the first office was set in a residential house in Milimani Area, along Aga Khan Road. Later in 2004, as part of our expansion strategy, we relocated to Nairobi at the Muthaiga Mini-Market Shopping Complex along Limuru Road. The Muthaiga office was in operation from 2004 to February 2013, after which we settled into Top Plaza, Kilimani, along Kindaruma Road till August 2020. We are currently based at Kilimani Estate, Muringa Court, A-5.
AWEMAC is registered with the National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) as a Firm of EIA Experts and is a member of the Environmental Institute of Kenya (EIK). Our main tool of action is the Environmental Management and Co-ordination Act (EMCA, Cap 387) and other pertinent local and international Environmental Policies, Regulations and Legislations.
AWEMAC’S PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP / CREDENTIALS
- Registered and licensed as a firm of experts by National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) Reg No: (0527)
- Registered Training Provider by The National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) Reg No:(NITA/TRN/906)
- Registered by Environmental Institute of Kenya (EIK)
- Accredited by NEMA to offer training in Environmental Impact Assessment/ Audit
- Registered as a Building Works Contractor by the National Construction Authority (NCA) Reg No. 29225/B/0117
- Registered as a Road Works Contractor by the National Construction Authority (NCA) Reg No. 29225/R/0117
- Registered as a Water Works Contractor by the National Construction Authority (NCA) Reg No. 29225/W/0117)