Involuntary Resettlement occurs as a result of project-related land acquisition, permanent or temporary and restrictions on community use of land, associated natural and customary resources. The disruption or displacement can be physical and/or economic and voluntary or involuntary.
AWEMAC designs and implements RAPs for various infrastructural development projects like Roads, Railways, Power Transmission Lines, Dams, Industries, Irrigation and Agricultural Projects, Large-Scale Housing, Re-Afforestation, etc. AWEMAC is the leading firm in digital RAP data collection and processing in Kenya for projects where there is a large number of Project Affected Persons (PAPs).
Our detailed services address the following essential components of RAP’s:
• Identification of project impacts and affected populations.
• Legal framework for land acquisition and compensation.
• Compensation framework.
• Description of resettlement assistance and restoration of livelihood activities.
• Detailed budget.
• Implementation schedules.
• Description of organizational responsibilities.
• Framework for public consultation, participation, and development planning.
• Description of provisions for redress of grievances; and
• Framework for monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.