BRIEF HISTORY OF AWEMAC
AWEMAC was established in 2004 as a sole proprietorship, and in 2013 was incorporated into a limited Company. AWEMAC first established roots in Kisumu, where the first office was in Milimani, along Aga Khan Road. We are located in the new state of the art offices in Top Plaza Office Suites, Kilimani, along Kindaruma Road, which we own.
At AWEMAC’s inception, our core business was provision of Environmental Consultancy Services (Environmental Impact Assessments, Strategic Environmental Assessment, Environmental Audits and Processing of Regulatory permits/ Licences) but over the years we have expanded our service portfolio.
LEGALITY OF THE COMPANY
Africa Waste and Environment Management Centre (AWEMAC) is an Environmental Consultancy and Training Firm, established in 2004 as a sole proprietorship under the Business Names Act Cap 499 Section 14(2). In February 2013 it was incorporated into a Limited Liability Company- Reg. No. CPR/2013/96106. The firm is compliant to all government statutory requirements i.e. KRA, NSSF and NHIF.
AWEMAC is registered with the National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) as a Firm of EIA Experts and is a member of Environmental Institute of Kenya (EIK). Our main tool of action is the Environmental Management and Co-ordination Act (EMCA, Cap 387), and other pertinent local and international Environmental Policies Regulations and Legislations
AWEMAC’S PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
- Registered and Licenced as a firm of experts by National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) Reg No: (0527)
- Registered Training Provider by The National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) Reg No:(NITA/TRN/906)
- Registered by Environmental Institute of Kenya (EIK)
- Accredited by NEMA to offer training in Environmental Impact Assessment/ Audit
- Registered with Petroleum Institute of East Africa as a Petroleum Industry service provider